Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Benedict XVI on the Economic Crises

The current global financial crises illustrates why it is a mistake to build a life on passing realities like money and success, Pope Benedict XVI said. "We see this today in the collapse of the great banks: This money disappears, it's nothing. And so all these things we thought were real and were counting on are in fact realities of a second order," he said. "We need to change our idea of realism. The realist is someone who recognizes the Word of God, in this reality that appears so weak, the foundation of everything," he added. The pope made the impromptu remarks at the opening session of the world Synod of Bishops on the Bible. He said the morning's Scripture readings had brought to mind Christ's parable of the two houses, one built on sand and one built on rock. (Origins 10/08)

1 comment:

kaden said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Kate
http://educationonline-101.com