On 10 January, the FSPs of Prague inaugurated their new book center, thus realizing a 15-year-old dream. After undergoing major renovations, the locale, ceded to them by the Franciscan Fathers, is now a bright and modern Pauline “pulpit,” accessible to everyone.
His Eminence Miloslav Vlk, Cardinal of Prague, presided over the blessing ceremony. Also present for the occasion were Bishop Diego Causero, Apostolic Nuncio to the Cezch Republic, and many FSP collaborators, clients and friends.
A significant moment of the ceremony was the enthronement of a copy of the first edi-tion of the Bible printed in the Czech language (early 1500’s). The act of enshrining the Word of God in the heart of the new center symbolized the continuity of our mission to proclaim Christ in this Local Church through the instruments of communication.