Saturday, June 27, 2009

New Pauline Cooperators in Abijan

From 30 May to 1 June 2009, 5 Pauline cooperators made an intense spiritual retreat in a climate of silence and prayer in the community of the Daughters of St. Paul in Abidjan in preparation for 28 June, the day on which they will make their promises as Pauline Cooperators and thus become members of our Family.
Here are what these cooperators had to say about their retreat:

Christine Kamagaté: “This retreat in preparation for the Promise I will make as a Pauline Cooperator comforted me in my choice to live and communicate Jesus Master Way, Truth and Life.”
K. Justin Amani: “I praise God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, for this retreat among the Daughters of St. Paul. The climate of silence helped me to encounter God and gave me a taste of what it means to belong to the Pauline Family.”
Franck Zirihi: “This retreat enabled me to get to know the silence that questions us spiritually. The environment, the spiritual climate and the retreat conferences all helped my most hidden feelings to emerge and helped me get to know myself more profoundly.”
Remi Boni: “For a long time now, I have wanted to live a deeper spiritual life and now I am going to be an official member of the Pauline Family. This large, joyous, welcoming, generous and open family has brought me many new friends and models, namely: Jesus Master Way, Truth and Life; Mary, Queen of Apostles, St. Paul the Apostle, Thecla, etc.”
Laurent Daté: “I discovered the depth of this Family and of the commitment I am making as a Cooperator to the mission of evangelization initiated by St. Paul. I hope that through the grace of God many other people will be called to this mission.”

At the end of the retreat, the five candidates were reluctant to leave the community where they had been so lovingly welcomed. Like the disciples on Mt. Tabor, they wanted to say: “Lord, it is good for us to be here. Let us put up three tents…” (Mt. 17:4).

2 comments:

Margie said...

A warm welcome to our new fellow Pauline Cooperators in Abdijan, COTE D'IVOIRE. May God bless you abundantly with special blessings to fulfill your promises and to nourish you in the challenges and opportunities in the exciting work ahead. May St. Paul intercede for all your prayerful intentions.

Easter A. said...

God be praised! It is soooo encouraging to hear of the expansion of the mission to spread the gospel through media. Glory and praise to our God who is the source of all good!