Thursday, August 20, 2009

Birthday of the Pauline Family

The Feast of St. Bernard is the official birthday of the Pauline Family.

This morning one of the novices recieved her habit to be worn as she pronounces first vows this Saturday - Feast of the Queenship of Mary. The Queenship feast is when I recieved my habit along with seven of my co-novices. Today what is the symbol of a habit? While Sr. Kelly's habit was blessed in a simple ceremony I realized that my original habit would be over 30 years old. On the Feast of St Bernard I am reminded of anniversaries and of the every day.

This day is like no other and yet is like every other. Our life in Christ grows silently in the seed that has been planted at our baptism. Once in a while we put on Christ in a symbol - such as the habit - to remind us that our life is in Him - in reality. We celebrate anniversaries to tell the story and we actually use the words: this day is like no other.

No comments: