Monday, August 6, 2012

New Evangelization New York

Our Chapel in Staten Island
I am beginning my third week in New York as a Pauline evangelizer. On Saturday the Pauline Cooperators launched the new weblog Praying the News praynews.blogspot.com. This site is a place we gather for prayer around major news items from around the world. Contributors are our journalist-prayers Margie, Rae, Martin, and Kristen. On this site you can sign up to receive to "pray the news" via e-mail or bookmark it. News/Prayer will be posted on Twitter at Kerrygma and on Facebook at Association of Pauline Cooperators. I just spent some time before writing here praying the news Rae and Margie posted. You can also check mark the "praying" box to visibly "light"  a virtual candle.

This Sunday (August 5th) the Priest, Brothers and Sisters of the Pauline Family were joined by Pauline Cooperators and members of the Institute Mary of the Annunciation for the second annual St. Paul Fest. This was the first time I attended. The Fest, held at the Society of St. Paul, was begun by Brother Peter, Brother Gus and Sr Margaret Joseph as a time for all Paulines in the area to celebrate the Pauline Family and share the gifts we have to offer. Photos will be up soon, I'm sure, at www.PaulineFaithways.blogspot.com. There was a barbeque, live music, raffle for gift baskets and tents set up to cool down the heat. The event begin with Mass at 11:30 A. M. and concluded at 6:00 P.M.

As I pray my Hour of Adoration (known as "the visit") in our chapel each morning my prayers are for the needs of the area I am called to live the gospel. What are the needs? Who will God introduce me to? I pray to be that channel of grace and peace I am called to be. I pray the news so that my heart is open to the cries of humanity and pray our Pauline response will be a communication of God's love for each person.

1 comment:

Sr. Margaret Kerry, fsp said...

Jeff Matthews just joined Praying the News as a contributor.