Wednesday, September 12, 2012

When I Post I Post in the Lord

Face to Face
The journey of our evangelization into the Bronx  has been shared on Facebook with photos. On Monday Rachael, Fr. Mike, Bob and I were at the opening night of Cinema Divina at Mt. Manresa. I also posted on Facebook with photos. On Sunday evening I visited my niece Liz and her friend Ian in Brooklyn after returning from a Religious Education Conference in New Jersey on Saturday and the Bronx for the rest of the weekend. There is a photo of us on Facebook. Social Media is a series of relationships. Regarding Facebook here is my social media goal: "God spoke with Moses face-to-face, as neighbors speak to one another" (Exodus 3). I need face time with the Lord for any real Facebook to happen. This blog is dedicated to the greatest relationship we will ever encounter. The One who sees us face to face. St. Paul said, "Therefore, as it is written: "Let him who boasts boast in the Lord" (1 Cor. 1:31) and "If I must boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness" (2 Cor 11:30). Replacing the word boast with post, and taking this to heart,  this post is dedicated to God who brings all things together for our good (Phil. 2:13). All I really have to show is my weakness, in which I post, as I strive to live the message I bring to others, with God's grace. Join me in a "post" to God!

No comments: