Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year Prayer by Mother Thecla Merlo

Venerable Mother Thecla Merlo
and early Daughters of St. Paul
praying around the globe.
"My God, through your goodness you allowed me to begin this year. I want to live it well, if you will grant me this time....I place this year under the protection of the Divine Master and the Queen of Apostles... Beginning right now, I unite my prayers and sufferings to the intention of Jesus in the holy Host, and I want to renew this offering with every beat of my heart. At night, may every breath I take while asleep be an act of continual communion with you, my God. With every breath I take, I want to say: Jesus is with us and we are with Jesus...." From a prayer of Venerable Mother Thecla Merlo written in January 1, 1927.

No comments: