Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Ongoing Conversion of St. Paul

St. Paul Enlightened by Christ
by Blessed James Alberione, founder

Devotion to St. Paul is a sign of the predilection of God. 

Devotion to St. Paul places us in the book of life. Saints are great intercessors before God and in their assistance they approach the Divine Master, Jesus way, truth and life whom they have reproduced in themselves: Way as model, truth with teachings, and life with grace. Saints communicate this to us by praying for us. 

St. Paul is way: the Holy Spirit inspires him to write these words: 'Be Imitators of me as I imitate Jesus Christ’ (1 Cor. 11).

St. Paul is truth: he is teacher and doctor as he possesses and communicates the Gospel which he calls 'my Gospel' and he ‘begets us in the Gospel’ (1 Cor. 4:15).

St. Paul is life: because his life is identified with that of Jesus Christ: 'I live now not I, it is Jesus Christ who lives in me’ (Gal.2:20).’”

Blessed James Alberione, S.S.P., Union of Cooperators of the Good Press,VIII, n. 7, June, 15 1925, p.1, 320.  

Video of Fr. Jeffrey Mickler, S.S.P. on St. Paul's Conversion




No comments: